Professional Services Engineer
At SolutionInc, the sky is the limit. Our employees who travel to exotic destinations will tell you so. Award winning SolutionIPTM resides in over 35 countries around the world. Our team of dedicated professionals delivers leading-edge technology solutions, Internet connectivity and technical services to our customers and partners including the largest and fanciest boutique and five-star hotels, convention centers, cable and Internet service providers, telephone companies and Wi-Fi hot spots.
We are passionate about what we do and are seeking highly skilled professionals to join our team in Halifax. If you are driven to succeed and thrive in a rapidly expanding organization, this is the opportunity for you.
The Professional Services Engineer will liaise directly with customers to provide project management, installation services, SolutionIP™ software customization, system integration, technical consulting and training. Other duties will include reviewing requirements and writing project plans, preparing technical estimates of work effort, developing and deploying web pages, participating in customer meetings and working as an integral part of delivery team. Travel is required for this position.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent
- 2+ years project management skills/system integration
- 2+ years experience in a LINUX environment
- 2+ years experience in C, Perl/CGI- SQL database experience (Postgres, MySQL)
- Communications programming (strong understanding of TCP/IP communications, UDP, sockets, serial port programming interfacing, etc.)
- 2+ years network setup and configuration for LINUX Operating System
- A strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid passport required
SolutionInc offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax 902.420.0233
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.